Cambodia Motorbike Road Trip 2019 The Good, The Bad And The Painful!

May 20, 2014
Day 26 28th Jan. Phnom Penh

My plan today was to walk around the Palace, but every tuk tuk driver was telling me it was shut. The problem was I was not asking them. It seemed like the tuk tuk drivers at the palace in Bangkok, saying the Palace is shut so they can take you somewhere.

There were unbearable, just would not stop trying to get you riding with them. Eventually I told them I was going where there was quiet and no tuk tuk drivers to annoy me! At least some listened!

As it happened the palace was closed, but only for another hour, but I decided to walk along the river edge to get some peace.

DSCF3462.jpg

Reactions: Eoin Christie
May 20, 2014
Day 27. 29th Jan. Phnom Penh to Kampot 163km?

The road to Kampot is straight forward, road 3 all the way. But a terrible ride!

100 km of hell, 40km of ok followed up by 26km of hell again. If wet it would be so dangerous.

Once the roadworks are complete it will be ok, but at the moment, not!

The good thing about Kampot is all the restaurants and bars and of course the sunsets.

DSCF3463.jpg

May 20, 2014
Day 29. 31st Jan. Kampot to Koh Kong 254km 265

A horrible, dirty, dangerous ride along the coast which only got better when I turn off the main road for Koh Kong.

Day 30. 1st Feb. Koh Kong to Pattaya 380km

I left early and the entry back to Thailand was easy.

Once back in Pattaya I stopped at my local shop to enjoy a cold beer. Some idiot reversed into my bike and knocked it over.

A great trip even allowing for the accidents.

Total distance 6201 km