I am bored is there anything intersting to do?

Oct 17, 2006
I recently got back into regular sport which is good and I am in the middle of a major career change , as for spirituality . when young I studied religon and history deeply and see that mankind never learns from its mistakes and that religon is often a force for evil rather than good , as for God i dont believe he exists but I see the Devil around me every Day.
Within myself there is a battle between good and frustration with life.

jerry

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Darn it finally hit me the guy wants to go a back to work, thats the answer thats what motivates him. I had lapse of sanity once and went to work in Kuwait for three months cured me. LOL

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
quote:

Originally posted by monsterman

but in myself I often feel empty, I often look at the world and say is this really all there is?

MM,
No there is the Hash House Harriers. You can join in anywhere in the world and have instant friends. Normal PC, dull people with no imagination will give you a million reasons not to try it, see how I cleverly avoided other GTR'ers flaming the Hash!,, true it is not for everyone but..... look at http://bangkokmondayhhh.com/for links to groups in Thailand. You'll notice most of the people in the pictures are smiling.[:)]

For groups where you work http://www.gthhh.com/worlddirectory.asp?zzz=if you work on a ship well.....

"I often look at the world and say is this really all there is? No there is the Hash House Harriers."

I second that. I intend to get back into hashing one day......Keep fit, meet people, drink beer. "Drinkers with a running problem". Wherever you are in the world you will find a hash.....on on

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
MM & others.....

With respect, I just cannot understand what you are griping about??? Like Big & Tall says. "get off your arse". What was the reason you left your home country? Unless you were/are a criminal, the answer is probably because you were "bored" with day to day life back there and decided to up sticks and move here after some holidays and (maybe) meeting a "special" lady.

Sure there are many things in this country that can be frustrating (especially wives!) and Thai lacks behind in standards, but unlike myself, some of you who are doing the most whinging have the $$$ to change your situation. I'm 44, been through the mill, earned mega money, earn sweet F.A now but would rather have a bad day here in CNX than back in England.

No offence to anyone but if you are reasonably intelligent & educated but don't like it here and cannot stimulate yourself mentally, then maybe it's time to reconsider and relocate????

Just my tuppence worth....

Pikey.

Jun 21, 2006
Hey Pikey... welcome back to the board, its been a long time, thought the Martians might have got you

have been missing all your sarcastic comments.....

Oct 17, 2006
Jerry , what NOW ??
What you learned is that you are not alone, others are having, respectively have had similar down times.

You are not alone, over 30 answers of more or less value to you personally,
over 300 clicks show that people are interested in the subject and you, no one has ridiculed you.

How can this empathy be turned into something that something productive??

Pico

Oct 17, 2006
Yeah Pico,,I know what we really need is a way to get off this planet more often , shame we dont have Warp drive , but I am working on it .

I guess its a confidence thing as well if you believe its real it will be but if u dont believe in anything u are in a dark place.

Any how I do keep busy i got my family, bikes , internet , friends, books and sport and hopefully a new career, but i am still searching for something that eludes me what ever that is.

All I know is the more i understand life the less I know and the more i learn and know about life the less I actually understand.

I think that might be a good epitaph one day.

jerry

Oct 17, 2006
All I know is the more i understand life the less I know and the more i learn and know about life the less I actually understand.
Unquote

Welcome to some 6 billion people !!! This epitaph will be on all the many billions tombstones to come.

Why is it important to understand if you know very well that neither you nor anyone of us will ever truly understand life?

You are here now. It is not important to understand why.

Our problem is our brain otherwise we would enjoy life as it comes.

Some uncertainties ahead, but so what , none can be more tragic than premature death.

Pico

PS thank you for teaching me a new word = epitaph :))

pee

Mar 10, 2006
The main point is not so much about understanding the world... It's more helpful to try to fit in nicely...
Good luck,

Oct 17, 2006
Pee thats true sometimes I am the round thing in the square hole and sometimes i fit for a while then drop out, I am consistant on some things for ever , but vacant on others.

But its Ok , I have lived where others just exist.

Jerry

Oct 17, 2006
Such statement can create jealous feelings in some people, Jerry =

But its Ok , I have lived where others just exist.+
UNQUOTE

Should I be one of them?? You Jerry probably lived intensively at the same time when I just barely existed, in hospitals, no speech , no brain, no memory of anything, no recognition of my family , half- paralysed for more than 2 years.

No, I am not jealous to have missed out on YOUR intensive life.
I am not one of those who will say= see what miseries I ( or others ) have been through.
I know that there is only one pain, one feeling down. It is the self perceived pain / suffering. You cannot feel for me, I cannot measure your suffering.

Re-reading again that you tried many things in life to find answers to the higher reasons, religion etc, I believe you will not stop the search. Just accept this with a sense of self mockery= OK, I will continue the search but the fun is in searching itself not in the answer.

You may want to read todays Bangkok Post ( July 24/ 07) section Learning Post the article = Learning English while having fun.
Kids going to a camp to learn playfully English.

And back came my thought from the very beginning that here in this forum there are so many under-used talents. One doesn´t need to be a teacher to teach playfully English. These people are called Facilitators. I will contact the initiator of the program and see what her suggestions are to spread the idea and report back.

Pico

Chino

Dec 8, 2006
Being bored? Nobody but yourself is to blame.
No interest in your own well being is the source of losing touch with yourself and the world around you. Try reading R. Pirsig's book: Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance. An inquiry into values.1974.Good luck.

Chino

Dec 8, 2006
Being bored? Only yourself is to blame. Losing interest in your own well being is losing touch with yourself and therefore the world around you.
Try reading Robert Pirsig 's book; Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance. An inquiry into values, 1974. Good luck.

Oct 17, 2006
On th 29th July 1990 I was told by 3 neurosurgeons that I would never walk again ever , piss through tubes and not be able to have sex again , I spent 2 years in a wheel chair and then taught myself to walk again , ride bikes again and have fathered a child since then,
I read Pirsigs bool its good , as i said earlier i am in the middle of a career change , thats an interesting challenge going back to study at 49.

Oct 17, 2006
If you were near me I think I would hit you over the head = what are the sh.... you talking about?? You are a proven survivor and just a little career change is throwing you off track ??? You cant be serious , is that self pity or what?
Now it´s time for your "coming out" Suspense it killing me and 500 other clicks. You went public on this board,many others who are bored dont have the guts.

What is it really , Jerry, what is it, spell it out.
Please

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi, my Friend Jerry,

Through the posts I read since few days on the forum, you seems completly down.

What's happened ? You were so in good mood six month ago, don't forget you live in a Paradise which makes dreaming more than one, me too !!!

I'll come back around the 8th of August, please come along in BKK, uyou can stay at home and we'll fix the Techno Research and the Rapid Bike 3 I bought for the Monster !!!

Then I'll try to put some joy again, I must drive in the North East to see the trailors of Joseph, maybe you'ld like to come along ?

You are a DUCATI Master we need you !!!

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Mike,

In fact, I am not surprised because all that comes from the same origin "azule" which means blue in Spanish/Portuguese.

This was the origin of my name, the Blue people because it was a group of people initially based in South of Spain and Portugal who use to trade the blue tissue with the Touaregs from Morocco.

Then according to the difficulties of life they migrate to Morocco and Algeria.

Oct 17, 2006
Pico you are right and wrong, The career change is important because I need work and money,cant live of my savings or stand still, I like to improve my situation . I can do it Its not as difficult as a career change I made after my recoveery from the accident in 1990. I am excited and up for it, no the problem is much deeper than that , merit and capability do not always help people get on in life , one needs luck and other ephemoral qualities, I am as much at war with myself half the time as i am with the struggle to exist and compete in life with other people , I dont need enemies as the worst one I have is me.

Coming out , oh thats easy , but what is it !! oh thats easy its peace of mind mate, peace of mind, never had it , not with anything I ever did , I just have to keep diverting myself all the time from the craziness of it all. Bikes have been one of the best diversions for 35 years .

I am weak and strong , brave and a coward, clever and stupid , inspired and pathetic, wise and crazy all in competition for my soul all at the same time, my close friends and family think I am goos and wise and funny , my work and business partners think I am smart and hard working with a tangental way af solvimg problems , all think I am a little crazy in a mostly good way.

Its almost like I am running from something I cant see to nowhere in particular , like a cancer at the heart of my thinking and feeling . I agree I am a proven survivor but I want to cure the malaise in my soul.Wherever I am I always want to be somewhere e;se ,
Everybody gets the Black dog , all u guys get ups and downs in life, and we take it on the chin and carry on ,

Feel free guys , we might all learn something here.

Pico where do U live , I hope to havere a good laugh with u one day.

Azoulay I am back from Manila on 5th of August and would gladly meet u in Bangers for a bit of technical exploration.

jerry