R1155

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
R1155 that links "Chiang Khong with Chiang Kham" through the mountains, is one of the north's great winding roads with loads of history

IMG_8904.jpg

On the road with Destination Thailand TV part 8

How it used to look 1989
1708871774456.jpeg

1708849831734.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: scotty007
I will be riding this fantastic road again in about two weeks with my brother. I am picking up a Ducati Diavel to go with my Multistrada so it should be a great trip. I will try and actually do a trip report finally! We will start in Roi Et, stop in Khao Koh, Nan and then ride up to Phu Chi Fa and stop in Wiang Kaen to visit my wife's family. Spend two nights there then head to Mae Sai and stop in Chiang Rai and maybe Phitsanoluk before heading back home.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidFL

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
I will be riding this fantastic road again in about two weeks with my brother. I am picking up a Ducati Diavel to go with my Multistrada so it should be a great trip. I will try and actually do a trip report finally! We will start in Roi Et, stop in Khao Koh, Nan and then ride up to Phu Chi Fa and stop in Wiang Kaen to visit my wife's family. Spend two nights there then head to Mae Sot and stop in Chiang Rai and maybe Phitsanoluk before heading back home.

Sounds a big trip.
Don't forget the big dipper while you are over that way.
R4018 The Phaya Phipak road

Also the Huai Laeng Royal Project road is amazing
Huai Lang / Laeng Another Steepest Road - Wiang Kaen / Chiang Khong

Plus the restaurant at the Mekong end of the road @ Kaeng Pha Dai has great food., just down the road from Wiang Kaen
Pha Dai - Wiang Kaen - The Mekong End Of The Road

The talad nut on Wednesday at Ban Champong is fantastic
Weekly Markets - Talad Nut - In North Thailand

Look me up in Chiang Khong.for a bite to eat or drink.