Riding Laos thanks to David

Sep 22, 2004
After riding Minsk in Vietnam with Digby and the boys, we flew to Vientiane and rented Baja 250's from PVO. Thanks, David, for your help, advise and especially your outstanding Laos map. All your suggestions for riding routes, guest houses & eateries were right on. Enjoyed meeting you for breakfast at the Scandian Bakery. Also, your buddy Stan www.laophoto.com was very helpful & a great guy.
The Laos ride was a true adventure, no safety issues & your map is very accurate. The boat ride on the Mekong from Luang Prabang is a must, the slow boat, not the fast noisy ones. Who would not enjoy the Night Market in L.P. It's hard to beleive but the hospital at Phonsavan came in very handy when Rudy, my riding buddy, had a major reaction from a bee sting. The doctor, nurses, administrator & pharmacy took good care of Rudy (total cost was $.87 for services & perscription). Really it was less that $1.00 US dollar.
Also the guest house at Phou Koun, 2nd story room with view?? was $3.00 a night with wall to wall bed (small room) & the bathroom down the hall had unlimited water for showers & toilet, a ladle in a 55 gallon drum of water.
My wife, riding her own Baja, had a ball. After riding bikes to all the corners of the earth, we are heading back to Laos in Jan 2006.
Thanks David & hope to see you again in Chaing Mae.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Lee
Great to hear from you after such a long time.
I thought that you were never going to make a road & trip report, despite all my polite reminders & prompt email replies to your help requests in setting up the trip.
I sincerely hope that you've not made this very brief report as your conscious simply got the better of you prior to your 2006 trip.
I also seem to recall that there was supposedly a journalist in your group who was going to write up a fantastic story - did it ever eventuate, or was is just another line? It would be nice to see something....

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

Oct 18, 2005
"Thanks, David, for your help, advise and especially your outstanding Laos map. All your suggestions for riding routes, guest houses & eateries were right on."

Hi there David....
After such good feedback..it sounds like your advice is worth taking on board...were these recommendations to L Brown written down anywhere? I'd love to know which routes, guesthouses and eateries you think are best. Could you let me know? My sister and I are biking (pedal bikes) from Vientiane to Luang Prabang next February and appreciate all the advice we can get!! We promise we'll put a road and trip report up when we get back...