Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Twin & Continental Gt 650 Twin Revealed

Discussion in 'Royal Enfield Motorcycles in Thailand' started by GTR-Admin, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Eoin Christie

Eoin Christie Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I bought one a month or so ago - Should be in KL now, waiting for me when I get back from Angola. I took a couple out for test rides before I left, and it suits me. I have a 1974 500 Bullet down in Perth, so the only way is up in terms of reliability and bits falling off (although it’s actually been very reliable, and no bits have fallen off that I can recall).
    I’m looking forward to getting back over end of September, doing the initial run-in, then heading North to make sure that any bits that are scheduled to fall off get a fair chance to do so.

2. Marmite

Marmite Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Nice one!

I'm still waiting for delivery (3 months now) and my colour still hasn't come in.

I'm not too worried though, as its not really riding season yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eoin Christie

Eoin Christie Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I’m on the hunt for a small set of crash bars (most are big enough to hang your washing off), a skid plate (TEC one looks good), and a grill for the oil cooler. First serious outing is destined to be Phongsali and surrounds, so it better get used to mud, and lying down for a spontaneous sleep.

4. Eoin Christie

Eoin Christie Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I've organised the crash bars ('compact', meaning a single small loop), and still working on a bash plate. Oil cooler guard looks sufficient as is. Bike is now scheduled to arrive in KL on 15th August - Still another 6 weeks before I get home to see it.
    Phillip has sorted me out with a Guglatech in-tank filter (Thanks, Phillip), so I can fill up with mud and rainwater.
    The Bullet I have down in Perth has been with me for 20 years. These 2 are both fully-fledged adults now (unlike the bloke on the Bullet):
    27303885092_8f696c2ce2_b. 001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ian Bungy

Ian Bungy Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Burning Shop here in Chiang Mai had some stuff for the Royal Enfields but not sure if He has what You were looking for? Search for it on Google. BNS-Speed is also it's name. Good Luck. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Burning-Shop/360675207340913 .

• Like Like x 1
  6. Eoin Christie

Eoin Christie Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, Ian. All my (non-existent) Sherlock Holmes interwebby skills are being put to the test with this bike.