Saxonator's Sick Enduro Video Diary

saxonator

Ol'Timer
Jun 1, 2003
and another fantastic ride on yet another new track discovered by out 62 year old friend from Austria. Today Oskar came along and he did great. I lost at some point my phone in the middle of the Jungle. Later on I faced some issues with the starter motor and was forced to turn around, should have left the kick starter on the bike.

DavidFL

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
and another fantastic ride on yet another new track discovered by out 62 year old friend from Austria. Today Oskar came along and he did great. I lost at some point my phone in the middle of the Jungle. Later on I faced some issues with the starter motor and was forced to turn around, should have left the kick starter on the bike.

That bit @ 17.37 + is nuts.
Did you see any mushrooms?

saxonator

Ol'Timer
Jun 1, 2003
no mushrooms, I think they need rain too after the burning, yes agree after 17 plus minutes it got pretty nuts

saxonator

Ol'Timer
Jun 1, 2003
Finally back on the bike, after my XR250 smoked like a 2T, I had to do a quick rebuild, fortunately a friend of mine still had a 77mm Wiseco Piston, that was still good, so I used that one and could do it the cheap way.
The bike runs great. Today we hit out behind Ang Keb Naahm Mae Jo and Mae Khuang Dam, there is still so much unexplored terrain, so it is always fun to connect the little trails to get a nice map. There's some insanely steep hill climbs, that are pretty hard to do, but no problem today. After 2 hours ride had a break for a swim and then continued our mission further more into the deep jungle. Good fun, hope you enjoy. Cheers

saxonator

Ol'Timer
Jun 1, 2003
Cheers David, just trying out something, my equipment gets pretty old, same like me I guess. Sometimes it is very hard to create stuff and keep up with all that new technology. Hope you still enjoy somehow.

saxonator

Ol'Timer
Jun 1, 2003
What a great Sunday, my buddy and me knew already we probably gonna bump into some group of Thai riders, as Sunday's it is always very busy behind Ang Keb Nahm Mae Jo.
Just shortly after entering the "Lost Phone" Trail we met the first bunch, we rode with them for a while until they split off to repair a Tyre. Erich and me tried an insanely steep hill climb,
I didn't get the required grip with my worn off Tyre. I was forced to turn around when myself encountered a flat Tyre. Luckily there's a repair shop not to far down the road that is open on
Sunday''s and can fix a flat. Out of a sudden Khun Bank from Mae Rim showed up with a bunch of riders and he asked me if I knew some new tracks around here. I took them along a nice
hill climb and then we re-joined with Erich on Top.

Some of those bikes must have been 40 years of age and assembled in some hidden backyards...some were in such desperate condition, that I didn't expect they could make it very far into the
Jungle. Good attitude from those guys. I cannot believe we managed to bring home every bike undamaged. A wonder. After a very steep down-hill section we were ready for some cooling at the lake
. By now it was 5 pm, everyone was super tired and I just jumped into the lake with my complete Enduro gear...haha. Bank took the bike into the lake and gave the rear wheel a fast spin so
we could take a nice shower. So much fun riding with different groups and ending the day like this was for sure a highlight.

Snapshot 2021-06-21 09.31.37.png Snapshot 2021-06-21 09.32.50.png