Saxonator's Sick Enduro Video Diary

saxonator

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
and another fantastic ride on yet another new track discovered by out 62 year old friend from Austria. Today Oskar came along and he did great. I lost at some point my phone in the middle of the Jungle. Later on I faced some issues with the starter motor and was forced to turn around, should have left the kick starter on the bike.

DavidFL

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
and another fantastic ride on yet another new track discovered by out 62 year old friend from Austria. Today Oskar came along and he did great. I lost at some point my phone in the middle of the Jungle. Later on I faced some issues with the starter motor and was forced to turn around, should have left the kick starter on the bike.

That bit @ 17.37 + is nuts.
Did you see any mushrooms?

saxonator

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
no mushrooms, I think they need rain too after the burning, yes agree after 17 plus minutes it got pretty nuts

saxonator

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Finally back on the bike, after my XR250 smoked like a 2T, I had to do a quick rebuild, fortunately a friend of mine still had a 77mm Wiseco Piston, that was still good, so I used that one and could do it the cheap way.
The bike runs great. Today we hit out behind Ang Keb Naahm Mae Jo and Mae Khuang Dam, there is still so much unexplored terrain, so it is always fun to connect the little trails to get a nice map. There's some insanely steep hill climbs, that are pretty hard to do, but no problem today. After 2 hours ride had a break for a swim and then continued our mission further more into the deep jungle. Good fun, hope you enjoy. Cheers

saxonator

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Cheers David, just trying out something, my equipment gets pretty old, same like me I guess. Sometimes it is very hard to create stuff and keep up with all that new technology. Hope you still enjoy somehow.

saxonator

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
What a great Sunday, my buddy and me knew already we probably gonna bump into some group of Thai riders, as Sunday's it is always very busy behind Ang Keb Nahm Mae Jo.
Just shortly after entering the "Lost Phone" Trail we met the first bunch, we rode with them for a while until they split off to repair a Tyre. Erich and me tried an insanely steep hill climb,
I didn't get the required grip with my worn off Tyre. I was forced to turn around when myself encountered a flat Tyre. Luckily there's a repair shop not to far down the road that is open on
Sunday''s and can fix a flat. Out of a sudden Khun Bank from Mae Rim showed up with a bunch of riders and he asked me if I knew some new tracks around here. I took them along a nice
hill climb and then we re-joined with Erich on Top.

Some of those bikes must have been 40 years of age and assembled in some hidden backyards...some were in such desperate condition, that I didn't expect they could make it very far into the
Jungle. Good attitude from those guys. I cannot believe we managed to bring home every bike undamaged. A wonder. After a very steep down-hill section we were ready for some cooling at the lake
. By now it was 5 pm, everyone was super tired and I just jumped into the lake with my complete Enduro gear...haha. Bank took the bike into the lake and gave the rear wheel a fast spin so
we could take a nice shower. So much fun riding with different groups and ending the day like this was for sure a highlight.

Snapshot 2021-06-21 09.31.37.png Snapshot 2021-06-21 09.32.50.png

saxonator

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003

and yet another day in our second home the Jungle around Mae Jo/Mae Faek. Erich told me already about this new insane hill-climb, that would bring tears of joy to my eyes :p. He didn't disappoint me as usual and it was for sure
an insane climb. The trail was named after a trail in Romania, the local rider's referred to as "Christopher Weg" or in English Christoper Trail. Last time riding I ran out of juice and didn't have no power in this crazy heat. Today the riding temperature was near to perfect . Before getting to that climb we had to cover a couple of kilometers of tarmac and some fast gravel roads, before we landed on the small single trails that brought us to the hill of no return.

Happy, as I just fitted a new Quick rear tire to my XR the day before, I was ready for this adventure. But you cannot be to sure about the overall condition of the track, because of the ever-changing weather here in the North. Today the grip was better then expected, but the loose rocks were still a bit of a hurdle to take. Slowly those old 4-stroke vintage machines carved their traces into the mountain moving slowly forward without regret. The Honda XR's are like tractors, they just keep going forever with little maintenance. We carried on for quiet a bit over the top of the hills until we reached a very long down-hill section. We had stunning views over the surrounding neighborhood, almost a 360 degree view. As we reached a very nice rock formation it was time for a crazy descent, at one point we had to push our bikes, because the surface was too loose to get grip and we didn't want to risk falling down there. In the video it doesn't look steep as usual and one can only wonder if there;s ever gonna be a solution for this. How can it be, that having a slop between 45 and 60 degree and still everything looks flat like a mattress.

After leaving all those climbs and down-hills it was time to hit back towards Mae Jo over yet another single trail, but to our surprise the track was so insanely overgrown, that we just couldn't make out the trail. Nevertheless I insisted of pushing through this. It's always a bit of a risk when doing this, because you cannot make out the underground and many times we got stuck in swamp like conditions, that costed us valuable time. But not today we just tracker-ed thru all that mess without regret. After 20 minutes plus in that condition we finally found the entry of the single trail. Happy Days! Ah not just yet...Damn! The Bamboo had overgrown the track in most places and we had adjust our speed accordingly. After fighting with, small gravel, little stones, hard rocks and big boulders and spiky Bamboo we had enough of all this for today and we had some Kao Soi on our way back home.

saxonator

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Today a little bit of a change. Not motorcycle related, just a little fun video I made. I had this 70's Disco Beat in my head with a bit of a Jazz Funk vibe. Instead of doing solos, I decided to record some clips from my conversation on "Line" with my Thai GF, this was fun, put it in the sampler of my DAW and launched it over the music I did. After that I took all kind of phone apps to create the video material and later the cartoon like elements. The music will be in the next upcomming riding video. Have fun and be safe

DavidFL

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Today a little bit of a change. Not motorcycle related, just a little fun video I made. I had this 70's Disco Beat in my head with a bit of a Jazz Funk vibe. Instead of doing solos, I decided to record some clips from my conversation on "Line" with my Thai GF, this was fun, put it in the sampler of my DAW and launched it over the music I did. After that I took all kind of phone apps to create the video material and later the cartoon like elements. The music will be in the next upcomming riding video. Have fun and be safe

You've never looked so handsome Rudi. I'm impressed.