Saxonator's Sick Enduro Video Diary

Discussion in 'Thailand Motorcycling Videos' started by saxonator, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Eoin Christie

Eoin Christie Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I love reading / watching your adventures, Saxonator, even when things go wrong. I look forward to the rescue, and hope your CRF is back in action soon.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot Eoin Christie, everything is fine now, just working on the rescue video, will be fun to watch

• Like Like x 1
  3. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

So here is the Rescue Video, unfortunately the camera angle was a little off, I hope you still get the idea. It was for sure one of the hardest things I ever experienced in my life....ride safe Bros

• Like Like x 1
  4. Eoin Christie

Eoin Christie Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Excellent effort, Saxonator. It may not have seemed like it at the time, but it’s all part of the adventure.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Took the kids out today for some more fun behind the ViP MX track behind Mae Jo. Very nice area to practice some hard Enduro Skills. They both did great, here's some footage

• Like Like x 1
  6. Eoin Christie

Eoin Christie Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Improving immensely! They’re much more aggressive in their riding, and having fun as they develop - Great work by you all.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

Hot day out riding, the Jungle is dry and still many small fires in the area we ride. Every year the same disaster all over again, it never stops. The good thing all about this is, you get to see more of the surface, that would be normally overgrown. This loop is so much fun. The idea was to explore more on top of the loop and try to connect to Mae Khuang Dam. This wouldn't happen, I got a puncture beyond repair and so we had to turn around. Riding with a flat in such a terrain is not easy, as you probably can imagine. Luckily the Tyre stayed on until home. If you ride fast enough the centrifugal power will let it stay on the rim:p

• Like Like x 3
  8. Moto-Rex

Moto-Rex Moderator

Ratings:
    +250 / 0 / -0
    The beers would have went down well after that day in the bush.

Wild stuff mate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Moto Rex, one hard day in the office I guess. I don't know why I am addicted to it, been off the bike for a while and there seems to be no cure for me, the harder the better and my 62 year old buddy is an inspiration to me with his riding skills and never ending stamina, I was quiet impressed when he just rode up over the rocky platform and made it almost to the top in one go. I needed a few attempts, but I am also double his weight...555

• Like Like x 2
  10. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

Damn, what a ride!! This was too much fun in one day. As many of you know the Burning Season is in full bloom right now (dunno if that makes sense 555). The air is hot and the forest looks like the surface of some planet. After a couple of rides with the CRF I am now back on the good ol' XR. Lighter and overall maybe the better bike, for what I do. We took off direction Jungle at 10am and managed to find our way thru the mild traffic at Mae Jo in no time. We entered "Ron's Track" and as usual it begins to throw all kind of terrains at you from the very beginning. So no pause and keep going thru this Theater of Pain. About 30 minutes later we were half way into the loop, this is were the video starts and were it got really interesting riding-wise. Some may say we are nuts, but I think we consider this more as a compliment....555. After a few climbs thru some rock gardens, we faced a gnarly downhill that was littered with obstacles and rocks. One more time one can see how much beating this bikes and tires can take. After the downhill we entered the creek, which was a pleasant amusement to all the hard stuff before. We followed this creek until we found our way to our hidden Jungle Pool for a dip in the cool water. Really refreshing. Half an hour later we hit the track again and entered the Mae Khuang Reservoir from it's backside. A couple of kilometers along the lake side until another nasty hill-climb, that lead us the track in the forest, that would now carry us for some miles before reaching the beach, where we went for another swim in the water. I had forgotten to take my knee pad off, but Acerbis seems to be bullet proof in this matter...555.

After the swim we entered the last section of this track. On a steep hill climb some doggies jumped into my way and I had to stop. I rolled back a few meters and was able to continue the climb. On the other side of the climb another rock garden awaited us and riding down-hill was not much of an advantage here. Still cannot believe we once rode up there, maybe a year ago. So here we go....a new loop, a new day. Hope you guys enjoy the video. Cheers

• Like Like x 2