Saxonator's Sick Enduro Video Diary

Discussion in 'Thailand Motorcycling Videos' started by saxonator, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Eoin Christie

Eoin Christie Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I love reading / watching your adventures, Saxonator, even when things go wrong. I look forward to the rescue, and hope your CRF is back in action soon.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot Eoin Christie, everything is fine now, just working on the rescue video, will be fun to watch

• Like Like x 1
  3. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

So here is the Rescue Video, unfortunately the camera angle was a little off, I hope you still get the idea. It was for sure one of the hardest things I ever experienced in my life....ride safe Bros

• Like Like x 1
  4. Eoin Christie

Eoin Christie Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Excellent effort, Saxonator. It may not have seemed like it at the time, but it’s all part of the adventure.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Took the kids out today for some more fun behind the ViP MX track behind Mae Jo. Very nice area to practice some hard Enduro Skills. They both did great, here's some footage

• Like Like x 1
  6. Eoin Christie

Eoin Christie Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Improving immensely! They’re much more aggressive in their riding, and having fun as they develop - Great work by you all.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

Hot day out riding, the Jungle is dry and still many small fires in the area we ride. Every year the same disaster all over again, it never stops. The good thing all about this is, you get to see more of the surface, that would be normally overgrown. This loop is so much fun. The idea was to explore more on top of the loop and try to connect to Mae Khuang Dam. This wouldn't happen, I got a puncture beyond repair and so we had to turn around. Riding with a flat in such a terrain is not easy, as you probably can imagine. Luckily the Tyre stayed on until home. If you ride fast enough the centrifugal power will let it stay on the rim:p

• Like Like x 3
  8. Moto-Rex

Moto-Rex Moderator

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    The beers would have went down well after that day in the bush.

Wild stuff mate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Moto Rex, one hard day in the office I guess. I don't know why I am addicted to it, been off the bike for a while and there seems to be no cure for me, the harder the better and my 62 year old buddy is an inspiration to me with his riding skills and never ending stamina, I was quiet impressed when he just rode up over the rocky platform and made it almost to the top in one go. I needed a few attempts, but I am also double his weight...555

• Like Like x 2
  10. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

Damn, what a ride!! This was too much fun in one day. As many of you know the Burning Season is in full bloom right now (dunno if that makes sense 555). The air is hot and the forest looks like the surface of some planet. After a couple of rides with the CRF I am now back on the good ol' XR. Lighter and overall maybe the better bike, for what I do. We took off direction Jungle at 10am and managed to find our way thru the mild traffic at Mae Jo in no time. We entered "Ron's Track" and as usual it begins to throw all kind of terrains at you from the very beginning. So no pause and keep going thru this Theater of Pain. About 30 minutes later we were half way into the loop, this is were the video starts and were it got really interesting riding-wise. Some may say we are nuts, but I think we consider this more as a compliment....555. After a few climbs thru some rock gardens, we faced a gnarly downhill that was littered with obstacles and rocks. One more time one can see how much beating this bikes and tires can take. After the downhill we entered the creek, which was a pleasant amusement to all the hard stuff before. We followed this creek until we found our way to our hidden Jungle Pool for a dip in the cool water. Really refreshing. Half an hour later we hit the track again and entered the Mae Khuang Reservoir from it's backside. A couple of kilometers along the lake side until another nasty hill-climb, that lead us the track in the forest, that would now carry us for some miles before reaching the beach, where we went for another swim in the water. I had forgotten to take my knee pad off, but Acerbis seems to be bullet proof in this matter...555.

After the swim we entered the last section of this track. On a steep hill climb some doggies jumped into my way and I had to stop. I rolled back a few meters and was able to continue the climb. On the other side of the climb another rock garden awaited us and riding down-hill was not much of an advantage here. Still cannot believe we once rode up there, maybe a year ago. So here we go....a new loop, a new day. Hope you guys enjoy the video. Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  11. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

Spend two month rebuilding the mighty XR, many issues on the bike, this was a quick test ride, oh man how much I missed it unbelievable. It is hot like hell at the moment but do I care if I can fly over the mountains. C U Zoon gUyS :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,077 / 0 / -0
    That looks like a sweet track to have on your back door step.
    That mighty XR just keeps going and going, just like you Rudi.

• Like Like x 2
  13. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    yeah man I hear you, one has to never give up, stay on the bike, stay in shape and best of all stay in Chiang Mai....Rock'n Roll Baby:p:joy:

• Like Like x 1
  14. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

oh man, what a ride, two month off the bike and I can feel every bone in my body again. Why I can't just say "No" when it comes to exhaustion. The ride went smooth until about 75 % than after a few drops of the bike the stamina went down a lot. No way to turn around now, had to finish the loop somehow. By now out of water...3L didn't last very long in that heat. Bike running good, but rider has problems holding onto the handle bars:p:rolleyes:. Somehow we managed to get thru all this. A 62 year old Austrian and a crazy German 52 years old trying to make the best out of life:joy:. Once out of the bush a few Sodas and Beers in our favorite Bike Mechanic Shop and home for a much needed shower and some nap:zzz:.Now I gotta work on my fitness to get back to where I was before;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Eoin Christie

Eoin Christie Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I’m betting your bash plate earned its wages in that loop. Good job!

• Like Like x 1
  16. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Haha, yes the bash plate is a deformed beauty, could easily be a master piece in the "Modern Art" Section of the local museum :p

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

Oh man, what a ride :). My dear 62 old friend never stops for anything. Today no exception. Gnarly, loose and rocky terrain up and down the mountains towards the Mae Khuang Reservoir from the backside. All very doable with some skills until the downhill section. The video doesn't do justice how steep it really was. But if my old friend gets off the bike be assured it is steep...555. I love this loop it is very challenging but has great views in all directions. A little swim in the Mae Khuang Lake with all the gear on was a welcome release from the heat. Everyone did great today, the Motorcycles ran great and no injuries. Well done lads.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

Busy all week and finally Friday is there. Talked to my riding buddies and we decided to take it a little easier today, somehow this plan didn't work out. Not surprised at all.....haha. It is allways the same story with us, start easy and then it's getting wild and crazy. Today we were joined by our Dutch friend on his WR250 2-stroke model with Rekluse, nice little bike, but a lot of smoke. Me as camera man had to fight against the clouds of white smoke, inhaling those was not fun and gave me a funny sensation in my stomach.

So I kept a little distance. Some parts of the track I knew from previous rides, but after a short time it was all new and very exciting ride along the steep mountains towards the Mae Khuang Reservoir. Many tracks lead to the dam and there is still plenty to explore. Very steep downhills and uphill sections make it a little difficult for the average rider here. The river bed was very slippery because it had rained a lot the day before or was it because my knobbies are down a lot, who knows. Got home about 5 in the afternoon, had a quick shower and immediately went to the restaurant for the weekly Motorcycle Meeting every Friday

• Like Like x 3
  19. saxonator

saxonator Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

So it was Thursday night and I felt pretty exhausted and what would be better to wake up and go out riding. So I sent my buddy a message around midnight and got a quick reply from him. So it's Friday morning and time to jump onto the bike and get out there and create a little bit of unusual music in the Jungle. Today only me and my buddy, because nobody was able to improvise with this short notice.

After the heavy rain the weather was just perfect and the grip was very good on the loose rock sections. A lot of fallen trees barred our way thru the Jungle, but nothing that could not be jumped or cleared immediately. My tires were down to almost Zero profile but I still managed to get thru all this without to many spins. At two sections I took a dive because of that.

It is always good to ride on new trails and I enjoyed it a lot. On dried out waterfall section I finally managed to break off my frame with the foot peg still on. The frame was previously welded but not professional enough. So now I had to face a gnarly ride back with just one foot on the peg and the other sitting on the edge of the bash plate or hanging loose. Not easy to keep balance that way and pretty exhausting too over the gnarly terrain.

An hour later we were out of the jungle again and it was beer o'clock for my friend and Soda time for me. Hope you enjoy the video

• Like Like x 1