The Tj John Hamilton - Simon Siinthai Grant Memorial Ride

Nov 12, 2013
Count me in...er..any advice about which of the accommodation options would be best....assuming everyone will meet up for drinks somewhere......somewhere close would be good.
Thanks....

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Poompui;301956 wrote: Count me in...er..any advice about which of the accommodation options would be best....assuming everyone will meet up for drinks somewhere......somewhere close would be good.
Thanks....
"Everything" is close by & walking distance.

2. Palm House: 053 614022
3. Rom Thai: Tel: 053 612437
http://www.maehongson-romtai.com/index.html
5. Ngam Tha: http://ngamta.com/hotel-home-2-1/Nga...053-612-793-4

If you take a look at the GT Rider Mae Hong Son city map you will see where they all are.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Can we have more of an idea on who is going for George at Sunflower to manage catering.
All being well there will be a couple of special musos playing.
Power on guys its gonna be a good ride + fun night celebrating the lives of TJ, Simon & Dan.

Power On. sent from Sony Xperia AcroS

Nov 12, 2013
Not sure if I can go now,father in law passed away so might have to attend a ceremony at a temple somewhere...

:(

Davidfl;302232 wrote: Can we have more of an idea on who is going for George at Sunflower to manage catering.
All being well there will be a couple of special musos playing.
Power on guys its gonna be a good ride + fun night celebrating the lives of TJ, Simon & Dan.

Power On. sent from Sony Xperia AcroS

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Davidfl;301916 wrote: 6TH ANNUAL MHS LOOP MEMORIAL RIDE
For departed riders is scheduled for the 1st weekend of November = Saturday 1st - Sunday 2nd November 2014.

DEPARTED RIDERS
1. TJ Hamilton
2. Simon Grant
3. Dan White

· John TJ Hamilton, 7 April 1951 - 10 November 2008. Died of cancer & best mate of Simon.
· Simon Duncan Grant, 3 May 1964 - 22 Oct 2009, killed in a hit & run motorbike accident in Phuket. Originator of the first GTR MHS Memorial ride & tragically killed 2 weeks before the event!
· Dan White, 26 April 1965 - 20 September 2012. Photographer, travel writer & GTR contributor - fan who wrote many articles about motorcycle travel in the GT for the TAT plus travel magazines

301916=20376-GTRPlaques.jpg

Meet at & depart from the Kafe Saturday 1st November.
Group photo outside the Kafe.
Kafe Departure Time 9.00am.

THE ROUTE TO MHS WILL BE EITHER VIA
1. Mae Chaem - Khun Yuam - Mae Hong Son, or
2. Chiang Mai - Mae Sarieng - Mae Hong Son
The traditional way is via Mae Chaem -Khun Yuam - Mae Hong Son, however we do need to check road conditions first. If the asphalt Mae Chaem - Khun Yuam is too chopped up we will go via Mae Sarieng.

More details coming in the next few weeks.

Please post here if you will ride & join in the fun

301916=20377-IMG_8304%20GTR%20Crossroads.jpg

Riders are requested to ring & book their own rooms direct

SUGGESTED ACCOMMODATION - PLACES TO STAY IN MAE HONG SON

https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/33014-Mae-Hong-Son-Accommodation

1. Piya Guesthouse: 053 611260
https://www.facebook.com/piyaguesthouse

5. Ngam Tha: http://ngamta.com/hotel-home-2-1/Nga...053-612-793-4/

6. Sang Tong Huts
http://www.sangtonghuts.com/

CONFIRMATION OF THE ROUTE 2014 MEMORIAL RIDE
Day 1: Chiang Mai - Chomthong - Doi Inthanon - Mae Chaem
Mae Chaem - Mae Na Chon - Khun Yuam - Mae Hong Son
Day 2: Mae Hong Son - Soppong - Pai - Chiang Mai.

THE PROGRAM - SATURDAY 1ST NOVEMBER 2014.
Meet at & depart from the Kafe Saturday morning.
Come ready to ride with a full tank of fuel.
Group Photo Outside The Kafe.
Kafe Departure Time 9.00am.

THE WAY
Head south-west from Chiang Mai on R108, at the traffic lights after the airport TURN RIGHT
Ride up to the canal road R121, TURN LEFT & head south & Stay on the canal road all the way past Sanpathong to link up with R108 after Sanpathong.
We use the new Sanpathong bypass road = NO Hang Dong & NO Sanpathong!
There are traffic lights where the new canal Sanpathong bypass road links with R108. TURN RIGHT onto R108 & continue towards Chomthong.

Stop & regroup immediately before the turn off to Doi Inthanon & R1009.

Turn right & head up R1009 to Doi Inthanon.
Negotiate The National Park Entry As A Group.

Ride non-stop to the Doi Inthanon summit.
Take A Group Photo.

Optional coffee at the summit park shop.
At the top, break time 40-45 minutes total?

Backtrack down R1009 to the checkpoint & Mae Chaem turn off R1192.
Turn right & take R1192 all the way into Mae Chaem.
Fuel up in Mae Chaem at the PTT on the right hand side.
Lunch In Mae Chaem at the Mae Chaem "Food centre / court" - in the lane next to the Thai Farmers bank, 80 metres past the PTT gas station, & on the same side.
Lunch break time 45-60 mins total?

Depart Mae Chaem & ride towards Khun Yuam.
R1088 / 1263.

Pit Stop In Pang Kia For A Drink & Regroup (The Same Place As Last Year).
Break time 20-30 mins total?

Continue on R1263 to R108 & The T-junction just north of Khun Yuam.
Brief regroup, no drink at the T-junction.
Break time 10-15 minutes total?
Turn right & ride on into Mae Hong Son & the lake.

In MHS Check In & Quick Shower.

Meet At The Sunflower By The Lake.
Visit Wat Chong Klang & pay our respects to TJ & Simon & Dan White

Group Photo At The Temple.

If Riders Want To Wear A GT Rider Shirt For A Group Photo In MHS it Would Be Appreciated.

Have fun & make merry for our three dear departed friends TJ & Simon & Dan.

MHS NOTES
1. There is a walking street by the lake & outside Piya GH, should your arrival time be late / early evening, then access to the lake is not easy / possible from the main street. You need to ride in from the “backside of the lake / temple.”
2. George is still managing The Sunflower & will look after us.

THE RETURN: SUNDAY 10TH NOVEMBER.
“Late” breakfast at the Sunflower or Salween. 9.00AM.

Depart Mae Hong Son 10.00am On R1095.
Ride non-stop to the Pang Mapha sala viewpoint.

Take A Group Photo At Pang Mapha Viewpoint

Break time 20 minutes total?

Continue onto Soppong
Optional Take A Coffee Break At The Soppong River Inn
Break time 40-45 mins total?

Lunch In Pai
either Baan Pai or Pai Country, opposite each other.
Break time 45-60 minutes total?
Optional Fuel up in Pai.

After lunch power on back to Mae Rim & the X-Centre for celebratory drinks ' jokes.

Last But Not Least
If you're coming, please let us know to have an idea of numbers & to forewarn George re the beer stock.

Oct 28, 2014
Hey Davidfl & Gents. I'm in BKK on a biz trip and coincidentally have been contemplating a ride somewhere, somehow, while in TH. Trying to get a colleague to join but he may be stuck in SHA. So with or without him, I'm looking to ride. Just made a rental rez in CM this afternoon based on some info found on GT Rider - a great site BTW – thank you! Found this thread by chance doing some research for the upcoming trip and would love to be a last minute join for your memorial ride if you'd have me.

I noted last year some rode from BKK, which I'd be willing and able to do starting Friday a.m. if anyone is doing the same – but would rather not do that one as a solo newbie in TH. All will be last minute reservations for me so guessing the stars and moon will have to be aligned for that to work. Otherwise I'll book a flight to CM for Friday morning and work it that way. Don't know if anyone could give me a ring or email ASAP on the BKK > CM possibility as I'd have to get cracking on some calls. I leave for the Philippines on Tuesday eve so will love to get in as much time in the saddle, taking in the TH sites, as I can between Friday and then.

Can't say I had the pleasure of knowing TJ, Simon or Dan, but with friends like you guys, they had to have been damn good chaps and it'd certainly would be my pleasure to raise a pint....or more....with you in their honor.

-Bill Rice

Mar 30, 2010
Sticky Rice;302385 wrote: Hey Davidfl & Gents. I'm in BKK on a biz trip and coincidentally have been contemplating a ride somewhere, somehow, while in TH. Trying to get a colleague to join but he may be stuck in SHA. So with or without him, I'm looking to ride. Just made a rental rez in CM this afternoon based on some info found on GT Rider - a great site BTW – thank you! Found this thread by chance doing some research for the upcoming trip and would love to be a last minute join for your memorial ride if you'd have me.

I noted last year some rode from BKK, which I'd be willing and able to do starting Friday a.m. if anyone is doing the same – but would rather not do that one as a solo newbie in TH. All will be last minute reservations for me so guessing the stars and moon will have to be aligned for that to work. Otherwise I'll book a flight to CM for Friday morning and work it that way. Don't know if anyone could give me a ring or email ASAP on the BKK > CM possibility as I'd have to get cracking on some calls. I leave for the Philippines on Tuesday eve so will love to get in as much time in the saddle, taking in the TH sites, as I can between Friday and then.

Can't say I had the pleasure of knowing TJ, Simon or Dan, but with friends like you guys, they had to have been damn good chaps and it'd certainly would be my pleasure to raise a pint....or more....with you in their honor.

-Bill Rice
+12064992337
Hi Bill,

Suggest you fly up.. Join the GTR dinner and drinks.

Meet up with the group and ride together.. Believe the Bangkok team are leaving Thursday.

Cheers
Brian

Oct 28, 2014
Hey there. Just registered on the site last night and thought I had replied to this post. But not seeing the posting this morning. Guessing it's likely an Admin approval type delay since I'm new to the site. Anyhow, looking to join your group last minute if you guys are up for a tag along. Would be interested in asking a few questions on lodging, where to meet, etc. Can someone holler back at me if this is a viable possibility? Thanks.

-Bill

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Sticky Rice;302390 wrote: Hey there. Just registered on the site last night and thought I had replied to this post. But not seeing the posting this morning. Guessing it's likely an Admin approval type delay since I'm new to the site. Anyhow, looking to join your group last minute if you guys are up for a tag along. Would be interested in asking a few questions on lodging, where to meet, etc. Can someone holler back at me if this is a viable possibility? Thanks.

-Bill
Meet at the Kafe. Depart at 9am.
Route, eat, drink photo stops are all in the program listed above.
Accommodation recommendations are also listed above.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
After leaving Chiang Mai, the first break & regroup spot is before the Doi Inthanon R1009 turn off.

This the is the PTT / 7-11, on the left hand side about 300 metres before the Inthanon turn of.

Oct 28, 2014
Okay thanks.

Terribly sorry, but w/o address or familarity of area, I'm having to rely on Google Maps - which comes up with several Kafes. A little more detail on which Kafe your referring to would be most helpful.

I'm arriving Fri. 13:30, will immediately p/u bike from Pops, and begin to get familar with lay of land. If there's a dinner Fri eve, I've not been able to ferret that out in the details provided. Let me know. Otherwise, I'll try and figure out where the Kafe is and meet Saturday morn.

Piya Guest House sold out this late in game, of course, so have made rez down the street in Mae Hong Son.

Sep 4, 2007
Hi there and welcome Sticky Rice.
There is probably only one Kafe with a K in Chiang Mai. It is on Moonmuang road, some links below should help:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g293917-d5779059-i90000211-Kafe_Bar_and_Restaurant-Chiang_Mai.html

https://foursquare.com/v/kafe-1985/4ca1ee30031337044f5387d5

There will be a dinner tonight at Tex Mex Nong Hoi from 7pm. It is opposite 89 Plaza on the 106. Facebook link below has a map:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tex-Mex-Mexican-Food/164526953734376
Look forward to seeing you there

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Sticky Rice;302421 wrote: Okay thanks.

Terribly sorry, but w/o address or familarity of area, I'm having to rely on Google Maps - which comes up with several Kafes. A little more detail on which Kafe your referring to would be most helpful.

I'm arriving Fri. 13:30, will immediately p/u bike from Pops, and begin to get familar with lay of land. If there's a dinner Fri eve, I've not been able to ferret that out in the details provided. Let me know. Otherwise, I'll try and figure out where the Kafe is and meet Saturday morn.

Piya Guest House sold out this late in game, of course, so have made rez down the street in Mae Hong Son.

The Kafe

https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/25861-WELCOME-Important-Read-this-first!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
6th (2014) ANNUAL GTR MHS LOOP MEMORIAL RIDE REPORT
1-2 November 2014
Great trip again - a ride this year just perfect - as smooth as, no dramas, fresh air, good clean roads - even R1263 Khun Yuam - Mae Na Chon was a delight; + good company & loads of fun.

11 guys rocked up to the Kafe for the start
IMG_2999.jpg

From the left
Baz
Russ
Liam
Tim
Bungy
Frank
Sticky Rice
Brian
Richard (who rode part of the way - to Doi Inthanon)
Steve Ferretus

We got away on time. The ride down the canal road was a beauty, smooth & fast, especially the new Sanpathong bypass section. No one got lost or left behind.

The Doi Inthanon national park entry was negotiated nicely as a Thai group - everyone produced a Thai driving licence to get the 60 baht Thai entry fee, although I do understand that one driving licence got recycled & went around twice. ;)

The run up Inthanon was smart & fast, non stop.

With no official sign signifying Doi Inthanon the highest mountain in Thailand for a photo now, the next best option is a pic in front of the radar station dome.
IMG_3003.jpg

Then its down to Mae Chaem on R1192 which is in as good a condition as I have ever seen it.

TJ & Simon were not left out for lunch & joined us in the Mae Chaem food court.
IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

From Mae Chaem up its up into the steep & winding twisties to Khun Yuam.
The asphalt on R1263 has been chopped up for a long time & a couple of years ago we did change the route going via Mae Sarieng it was so bad; but not now. Yes sir, even R1263 Mae Na Chon - Khun Yuam is a superb ride.

On R1263, Pang Kia is where you can take a nice break at the Hmong shop.
TJ & Simon came out again to join in the action.
IMG_3011.jpg

Of note here too is that Hmong New Year is 21-22-23 December in Pang Kia & Pang Ung on R1263.

Arrival in MHS was as early as we have ever been. The Time 3.30PM.

Les from Capital TV - Destination Thailand TV joined us at the PTT rendezvous stop here.

So with a bit of time we took the guys up to Doi Kong Mou for a look over MHS city.
IMG_3014.jpg

Then downtown to our destination by the lake
IMG_3023.jpg

the ride in memory of 3 guys active participants on GT Rider.
TJ Tropical John Hamilton
Simon Siinthai Grant
Dan White

After official photo at the temple, it was time to party with them in Mae Hong Son, so they are not forgotten.

Rob's Army - Rob + Neil + Neil + Jeremy - then joined the evening's fun.

In George's new look Sunflower - the "Flintstone's cavern"?
IMG_3017.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

IMG_3027.jpg

Some action at the Crosroads Pub
IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3029.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

loadsa fun....celebrating the life of departed GT Riders. Gone but NOT forgotten. Long may they live in our memories.
A special mention goes to Bungy who handled the banner admirably this year & whipped the troops into fast photo shoots.

A big tip of the hat also to Bill Sticky Rice, joining as a newbie, first ride in Thailand on a bike he had never ridden before, the Kawasaki Bolt 650 rented from Pop with only 9 kms on the clock. I was nervous about a newbie joining in like that straight off, but wow he can ride - never off the pace, no mistakes & as smooth as everyone else. Well done Sticky Rice you rode & conducted yourself well. Everyone was impressed with your riding & how you fitted straight in with absolutely no hiccups. Bill - it was a pleasure having you along.

THANKS GUYS - see you all again same time next year.

Last edited:

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
Hats off to all you guys, …true motorcyclists. I reckon our departed friends would be impressed with memorial ride, and the way anyone’s having a ball in there memory.

Jurgen

Subscribed
Oct 23, 2009
www.chopard.org
Fabulous that you guys keep this tradition alive. Years after years you bring back the best of memories, remembering lost friends and a wonderful motorcycle itinerary.

Oct 28, 2014
You guys rock! I just couldn't have had a more epic weekend if I tried to plan it. I can't thank you enough for the kind welcoming and camaraderie. I know that welcoming a stranger to the group can be "iffy" at best, not just from a personality point of view but from a riding cadence perspective. This was all so last minute and I had no idea what I was about to get myself into. Riding a bike for the first time in a foreign country, and on the wrong side of the road (...yeah that's right...we ride on the *right* side... ��) is a daunting task and a small source of anxiety. A "healthy nervousness" prevailed. But alas it was quickly curtailed. And what a stroke of luck it was to land that Yamaha Bolt 950. I'm a fan! Though if I had to do over, I think I might try out one of those new BMWs Tony's didn't have in just yet, or join BKK Brian on a Kawi Versys. I must have gently caressed those Bolt pegs on the tarmac a couple of dozen times. Just breaking it in for the next chap. Peg scrapping notwithstanding, what an absolutely great ride. Though I need not tell you guys that. You already know. Not that you would, but don't ever take for granted the environment you find yourselves in. From the terrain to the ability to ride like a bat out of hell - long and hard - w/o a care for the cops chasing you down (as David joyfully pointed out a couple of times) is simply priceless. Yes, I'm jealous. I'm envious. I WILL be back! ��Sorry for the quick departure from Bungie's. As it was, we got into Phayao at about 08:00 or so. So yeah, got some nighttime riding in. Add to that getting absolutely soaked the next day, riding the Golden Triangle and I certainly had the full range of what northern Thailand has to offer. Fortunately the rain was short lived but we did have to stop Brian (against your sugg) because it was coming down so hard we couldn't see. Despite that, my only complaint is I didn't have more time. I ended up putting 1089 kilometers on that Bolt. �� Ridden hard and put up wet. Would have put another 100 on just for kicks, to match the curves on the Mae Hong Son loop, if I had the time. As it was, Pop was none too happy about being 1.5 hrs late stretching their closing hours. Ha!Simply put....Legendary boyz! Absolutely legendary. It was a pleasure to honor your fallen mates in this way and once again, thanks for having me along to celebrate their lives. Your hospitality was gracious and much appreciated. Ride hard, ride long, and rock on!

Mar 30, 2010
Sticky Rice;302501 wrote: You guys rock! I just couldn't have had a more epic weekend if I tried to plan it. I can't thank you enough for the kind welcoming and camaraderie. I know that welcoming a stranger to the group can be "iffy" at best, not just from a personality point of view but from a riding cadence perspective. This was all so last minute and I had no idea what I was about to get myself into. Riding a bike for the first time in a foreign country, and on the wrong side of the road (...yeah that's right...we ride on the *right* side... ��) is a daunting task and a small source of anxiety. A "healthy nervousness" prevailed. But alas it was quickly curtailed. And what a stroke of luck it was to land that Yamaha Bolt 950. I'm a fan! Though if I had to do over, I think I might try out one of those new BMWs Tony's didn't have in just yet, or join BKK Brian on a Kawi Versys. I must have gently caressed those Bolt pegs on the tarmac a couple of dozen times. Just breaking it in for the next chap. Peg scrapping notwithstanding, what an absolutely great ride. Though I need not tell you guys that. You already know. Not that you would, but don't ever take for granted the environment you find yourselves in. From the terrain to the ability to ride like a bat out of hell - long and hard - w/o a care for the cops chasing you down (as David joyfully pointed out a couple of times) is simply priceless. Yes, I'm jealous. I'm envious. I WILL be back! ��Sorry for the quick departure from Bungie's. As it was, we got into Phayao at about 08:00 or so. So yeah, got some nighttime riding in. Add to that getting absolutely soaked the next day, riding the Golden Triangle and I certainly had the full range of what northern Thailand has to offer. Fortunately the rain was short lived but we did have to stop Brian (against your sugg) because it was coming down so hard we couldn't see. Despite that, my only complaint is I didn't have more time. I ended up putting 1089 kilometers on that Bolt. �� Ridden hard and put up wet. Would have put another 100 on just for kicks, to match the curves on the Mae Hong Son loop, if I had the time. As it was, Pop was none too happy about being 1.5 hrs late stretching their closing hours. Ha!Simply put....Legendary boyz! Absolutely legendary. It was a pleasure to honor your fallen mates in this way and once again, thanks for having me along to celebrate their lives. Your hospitality was gracious and much appreciated. Ride hard, ride long, and rock on!

Brilliant.. Open mind, adventurous.. take it as it comes..
The way to ride..

Great having you a long and keep in touch.

Any great rides you do in the US.. Please put a few snaps under the rest of the world section.
Sounds like a lovely part of the country where you live.

Cheers and see you soon.

Brian

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
2015 Memorial Ride

30191620376-GTRPlaques.jpg

Saturday 7 November

Accommodation - Please Book your own room

Recommendations

SUGGESTED ACCOMMODATION – PLACES TO STAY IN MAE HONG SON

https://www.gt-rider.com/se-asia-motorcycling/topic/mae-hong-son-accommodation

1. Piya Guesthouse: 053 611260
https://www.facebook.com/piyaguesthouse

5. Ngam Tha: http://ngamta.com/hotel-home-2-1/Ngamta-Hotel-053-612-793-4/

6. Sang Tong Huts: http://sangtonghuts.org/

IMG_3018.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3018.jpg
    IMG_3018.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 30191620376-GTRPlaques.jpg
    30191620376-GTRPlaques.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 138

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
PROPOSED ROUTE 2015 MEMORIAL RIDE
Day 1: Chiang Mai – Chomthong – Doi Inthanon – Mae Chaem
Mae Chaem – Mae Na Chon – Khun Yuam – Mae Hong Son
Day 2: Mae Hong Son – Soppong – Pai – Chiang Mai.

THE PROGRAM – SATURDAY 7th NOVEMBER 20145
Meet at & depart from the Kafe Saturday morning.
Come ready to ride with a full tank of fuel.
Group Photo Outside The Kafe.

KAFE DEPARTURE TIME 9.00AM on the dot!

THE WAY
Chiang Mai - Chomthong
Head south-west from Chiang Mai on R108, at the traffic lights after the airport turn right.
Ride up to the canal road R121, turn left & head south & stay on the canal road all the way past Sanpathong to link up with R108 after Sanpathong.
We use the new Sanpathong bypass road = NO Hang Dong & NO Sanpathong!
There are traffic lights where the new canal Sanpathong bypass road links with R108. Turn right onto R108 & continue towards Chomthong.

Chomthong – Doi Inthanon
Stop & regroup immediately before the turn off to Doi Inthanon & R1009.
There is a PTT & 7-11 here.
Turn right & head up R1009 to Doi Inthanon.
Negotiate The National Park Entry As A Group.
Have your Thai drivers licence ready if you want to get the Thai rate for the national park.
Ride non-stop to the Doi Inthanon summit.
Take A Group Photo at the summit.
Optional coffee at the summit park shop.
At the top, break time 40-45 minutes total?

Doi Inthanon – Mae Chaem
Backtrack down R1009 to the checkpoint & Mae Chaem turn off R1192.
Turn right & take R1192 all the way into Mae Chaem.
Fuel up in Mae Chaem at the PTT on the right hand side.
Lunch In Mae Chaem at the Mae Chaem “Food centre / court” – in the lane next to the Thai Farmers bank, 80 metres past the PTT gas station, & on the same side.
Lunch break time 45-60 mins total?

Mae Chaem – Mae Hong Son
Depart Mae Chaem & ride towards Khun Yuam. Routes 1088 / 1263.
Pit Stop In Pang Kia For A Drink & Regroup (The same place every year.)
Break time 20-30 mins total?
Continue on R1263 to R108 & The T-junction just north of Khun Yuam.
Brief regroup, no drink at the T-junction.
Break time 10-15 minutes total?
Turn right & ride on into Mae Hong Son

Mae Hong Son
We check in after 2 group photos!
Arriving in MHS stop & regroup outside the PTT Gas station in MHS.
This is on the left hand side as you go into town.
As a group, ride to the temple on the hill Wat Doi Kong Mou.
Take a group photo overlooking MHS.
Allow 40 minutes for this.
After the group photo go down to the lake & pay our respects to TJ, Simon & Dan.
Take a Group Photo At The Temple.

After the group photos, then check in shower & party at George’s Sunflower by the lake to start the end up at the Crossroads Pub.

If riders want to wear a GT Rider shirt for a group photo in MHS  it would be appreciated.

Have fun & make merry for our three dear departed friends TJ & Simon & Dan.

MHS NOTES
1. There is a walking street by the lake & outside Piya GH, should your arrival time be late / early evening, then access to the lake is not easy / possible from the main street. You need to ride in from the “backside of the lake / temple.”
2. George is still managing The Sunflower & will look after us.

THE RETURN: SUNDAY 8TH NOVEMBER.
Breakfast at the Salween (or Sunflower) starting 8.00AM for the early birds. Please note breakfast at the Salween is slow. After brekky leave MHS.
Depart Mae Hong Son 9.30-10am on R1095.

Mae Hong Son - Pai
If you have not fueled up earlier there is a PT gas station about 7 kms north of MHS on R1095.
Ride non-stop to the Pang Mapha sala viewpoint.
Take A Group Photo At Pang Mapha Viewpoint
Break time 20 minutes total?
Continue onto Soppong.
Optional Take A Coffee Break at the Soppong River Inn.
Break time 40-45 mins total?
Lunch In Pai Either Baan Pai or Pai Country, opposite each other.
Break time 45-60 minutes total?
Optional Fuel up in Pai.
After lunch power on back to Mae Rim & the X-Centre for celebratory drinks ‘ n jokes.

Last But Not Least
If you’re coming, please let us know to have an idea of numbers & to forewarn George re the beer stock.