Uncle Jack's (fang) - Waiting For You

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Some long time members may have good memories of Uncle Jack's in Fang.

GTR-IMG_6048.JPG

Fang Restaurants

Uncle Jack was a character & had a lovely wife Lady Jane.
GTR-DSC_1602.JPG

They were an incredible loving couple.

GTR-283987=13283-img_4055_0.jpg

In 2011 we had a GTR dinner in Fang to help celebrate the 2nd Anniversary of Uncle Jacks Restaurant.
GTR-IMG_6053.jpg

Doi Ang Khang – Fang – Uncle Jacks 2nd Anniversary 2011

GTR-IMG_6056.jpg

Uncle Jack's has featured here on GTR
The Doi Ang Khang Loop

1322 - To Lak Taeng and Back

A few weeks ago I got a message from Lady Jane to check out her new restaurant in Mae Cho. She was living there with her daughter a nurse.
Oh that's a bit odd I thought, where's Uncle Jack then? You can't have split from him could you?
Busy at at the time, I neglected to pop over & check out the new restaurant.
I got another message yesterday, so finally located the place behind Mae Cho uni.

I parked my bike outside the big sign for the restaurant & was immediately welcomed by a sweet buxom waitress.
GTR-DSC_1611.JPG

The PG I thought. Wow.
Uncle Jacks must have changed the format.... I responded perfectly to the welcome & straight away ordered the PG a Leo.
Then as I walked into the restaurant I realized I was going into the bar beer next door, not the restaurant. 55.
GTR-DSC_1607.JPG

Oh well, back track & walk to the establishment the other side of the bike. I obviously got off on the wrong side you could say.

The new Mae Cho Uncle Jacks.
GTR - IMG_9887.JPG

GTR - IMG_9889.JPG

for old fans of Uncle Jack's the menu is still the same.
Cheap, good value for money. The "same old" scrumptious pork, beef, chicken, fish steaks with salad.

GTR-DSC_1616.JPG

The GTR dish for the night
GTR-DSC_1612.JPG

Lady Jane
GTR-DSC_1617.JPG

Over the course of a few bevvies the story unfolded about Uncle Jack.

uncle Jack once used to be the palad / sheriff in Fang, many years ago.
But apparently was alledged to have committed some misdemeanor & they have been fighting the court case for 16 years.
A lawyer ripped off their money & they ended up trying to defend Uncle Jack by themselves; but eventually they lost the case, of course.

Our lovable Uncle Jack at 63 years has just be sentenced to 30 years. He is in the prison at Mae Taeng.
Lady Jane moved to Mae Cho to be near the prison & Uncle Jack.
She gets to visit him twice a week for 15 minutes. To do this she gets up at 5am to be at the prison at 6AM then in the queue for visiting, at around 9am then she gets 15 minutes with Uncle Jack.

As proof of her devotion & continued love for Uncle Jack, the restaurant is named Waitin For You,
GTR - IMG_9886.JPG

which is what she intends to do for Uncle Jack...Waitin For You

Lady Jane is struggling a bit & welcomes any old Uncle Jacks customers to her new place.

Kinakailangan ang Pagtiyak sa Seguridad

When you park under the sign, make sure you get off on the "Right side" & walk into the restaurant.
GTR-DSC_1608.JPG

Last edited:

GTR-Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2016
Thailand
There is no real justice in the world... Uncle Jack is one of the most decent men I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Being hit with such a sentence at his age is harsh indeed - that's pretty much a life sentence...

Apr 23, 2006
I've not been to Fang for quite a while but this is sad news. Yet another person ripped off by a lawyer. Agree with Ben - this is a life sentence.

Reactions: Ian Bungy

Dodraugen

Subscribed
Aug 19, 2012
Lampang
Was this the place in Fang that only served steaks and showed really oldies-goldies 60-70s pop-rock hits on a screen? I think I have been there once...cool place indeed with a lot of charm and character.

Sorry to hear about the faith of this man. Will try to visit his wifes restaurant when in CM again.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Was this the place in Fang that only served steaks and showed really oldies-goldies 60-70s pop-rock hits on a screen? I think I have been there once...cool place indeed with a lot of charm and character.

Sorry to hear about the faith of this man. Will try to visit his wifes restaurant when in CM again.

Yes that could only be Uncle Jacks.
You can help by cheering Lady Lane on Facebook
Waitin For You.

Reactions: Dodraugen